The whole point of POSH is to provide opportunities to connect with other people in the Polyamory community in Houston in a consent-positive environment. To that end, we need folks to host events for the group! We currently offer two types of events:
- POSH-Only events – these are events that have POSH in the title and are only open to current members of POSH and their +1 or +2 with the exception of POSH First Friday Happy Hour and POSH Poly Pool, which are both open to folks who are interested in joining but not already connected to someone in the group.
- Open events – these can be general events shared within the group that other group members may find interesting, or events that a group member is hosting that is open to non-members or friends outside the community. These events will not have POSH in the event title.
If you’d like to host an event, here’s what you need to know:
- Anyone can create an event, but only admins can invite all members of the group. If you’d like to invite all members, just drop Tabby a note and she’ll get clicking.
- To create an event, just go to the events tab and create one! You can invite everyone in the group on your friends list, just not those you’re not connected to outside the group.
Popular suggested events:
- Movie Theater discount nights (Tuesday is the discount night at Star Cinema Grill, for example)
- Taco Tuesdays
- Game Nights (in your home, or at a venue such as Empire Central, Golem’s Gate – Gaming and Geekdom, or your favorite local shop, or at a Panera bread or other place with a meeting room that serves food and allows guests to seat themselves)
- Cocktail hour meet & greet
- Restaurant meet & greet
- Hookah bar meet & greet
- Karaoke night
- Dancing at the club
- Museum day (possibly kid-friendly)
- Park day (kid-friendly)
- House Party (possibly kid-friendly)
- Watch Party at your house (you pick the show or movie!)
If you post it, they might come. But if you don’t post it, they for sure will not