Looking for other groups to join? Need help learning more about Polyamory? Here are some resources both locally and outside of Houston that you may find helpful.
Helpful PDF files:
Links to Polyamory Groups Outside Facebook
- Poly Big Fun – http://www.polybigfun.org/ –
- Poly Big Fun or PBF is a yearly late spring retreat sponsored by the Poly Austin community. PBF is a time for us to come together as a community and celebrate. We hold multiple workshops on various relationship building topics such as effective communication, time management and relationships, multifamily households, community parenting, and more.
- POSH on Meetup – https://www.meetup.com/PolyamoryOfSouthHouston/
- POSH on MeWe – https://mewe.com/group/5c27c600f47f8e71d46d166d
- POSH on Discord – https://discord.gg/99gzcvt
- Polyarmory Website – https://www.polyarmory.org
Links to other Polyamory Facebook Groups
- Polyamory Resources in Houston and Beyond google sheets document – This document includes links to many other Facebook groups for the local polyamory community. Each offers it’s own atmosphere and challenges and rewards, so join at your own risk.
- Polyamory Peer Discussion Group (Secret) – https://www.facebook.com/HoustonPolyamoryPeerDiscussionGroup/ http://www.montrosecenter.org/hub/polyamory-peer-group/
- Weekly Peer Education and Support group that meets at the Montrose Center on Mondays at 7:00 PM. Different topics covered each meeting. The 2nd Monday of the month is always Intro to Polyamory (Poly 101) followed by Poly Cocktails meet & greet at a bar near the Montrose Center. Message Sarah or ask in POSH to be added to PPDG’s secret group, which also features an anonymous question/feedback box where you can privately ask the community for advice.
- Polyamory Selfies Houston Area (secret) – Contact: Tabby Gentry https://www.facebook.com/groups/PolySelfiesHoustonArea/ (closed group – there is also a secret group)
- Secret Facebook group where people from the Houston area share snapshots of their day. Selfie culture is a great way to get to know people before heading out to an event, build community and make new friends. PM Tabby for an invite.
- Polyarmory – Annual TRF Polyamory Camp – Contact: Tabby Gentry https://www.facebook.com/groups/318219511975892/
- Secret Facebook group for fans of TRF from all over to come together for a big polyamory campout! Our first annual was in 2018 and it was amazing! <3
- More than Two – blog and poly resource website
- Kimchi Cuddles – a comic that’s often about polyamory
- Loving More & Loving More Nonprofit
- All About Philosophy: What are Ethics?
- RAINN: What is Consent?
- LoveIsRespect.org: What is Consent?
- National Coalitions for Sexual Freedom
- Polyamory Leadership Network
- Polyamory Society
- Sexual Freedom Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Relationship Equality Foundation
- Poly Advocacy Canada – Promotes November 23 as #PolyamoryDay